Friday, April 20, 2012

Microsporidia, humoral immunity and Cushing's

I was infected with an unknown protozoa parasite for quite some time in which I became quite ill.  Shortly after infection, I developed Cushing's disease which went undiagnosed for a long time.    I lost a great amount of electrolytes during the infection and was convinced that Magnesium was going to help me which it did.  However I used it as Magnesium Sulfate in intramuscular injections which has more of a pharmaceutical effect in that it is a temporary shortcut versus other forms of magnesium.

I felt great with the IM magnesium but the effect was temporary and I quickly became worse following the injections, I sought out solutions to the magnesium problem in which I stumbled on research articles on magnesium loss.   Most endocrine dysfunction results in magnesium loss which is a critical mineral for health.   Not only does magnesium affect energy production but a whole host of other situations in the body including immune, nervous and cardiovascular health.

My body refused to uptake the magnesium and part of this problem was the high amount of aldosterone my body was producing as a result of the Cushing's.   Aldosterone constricts a particular part of the kidney which is responsible for uptaking magnesium into the body.

I contacted Dr. David Watts of Trace Elements Inc. which is a lab that specializes in hair mineral testing which has been proven to be accurate in spite of the many attacks from those who oppose any therapy outside of the Western medicine idea of drugging and cutting.   Dr. Watts advised me that the primary problem was an adrenal condition that was being caused by a humoral immune response.  This immune response was being caused by a pathogenic organism.

In my search for the identification of the protozoa parasite, I have run across the Microsporidia class of parasites and found this snippet in which the humoral immune response is discussed.

The humoral immunity is part of complex defence mechanisms against microsporidiosis.
Main important barrier for multiplication of microsporidia probably is intraepithelial lymphocytes (Moretto
et al. 2004) and humoral antibodies produced in
intestine could enhance its effect.

http://folia.paru.cas.cz/pdfs/showpdf.php?pdf=20749

No comments:

Post a Comment