Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Wheel of Death

I told one of my CFS/ME friends that having this disease is like being on a bad carnie ride we call the Wheel of Death -a nightmare of being stuck on a carnival ride that is controlled by a maniac. Sadly the journey takes you on paths you really don't want to go on from waking up in physical and mental paralysis, to the horror of watching your life pass by without resolve.

Perhaps one of the biggest obstacles is how we deal with the people around us and the most difficult, the medical system. There seems to be some obvious things to me and when I see it in all of its simplicity and realize others do not then I always ask myself "Is it just me?"



I am not sure what the medical system really offers in terms of service. For me it would compare to me taking a lawnmower that does not start and having them tell me that it is the fault of the lawnmower- maybe it has a mental problem. Then of course I have to pay professional fees for horrible service. This confuses me.

Apparently I am not the only one since this person (and the many others I talk to) had the same issues. http://thebillfold.com/2013/06/i-had-a-mysterious-debilitating-undiagnosable-illness/




No comments:

Post a Comment